The Sword of Truth Italia - La Spada della Verità

Books' Videos

« Older   Newer »
Kahlan93
view post Posted on 4/1/2010, 18:01

Questa sera girandosu youtube ho trovato questo fantastico video!
Praticamente usa le scena del telefilm e alcune scene di film vari per raccontare con immagini la storia descritta nel libro...

Per chi non avesse letto il libro, dico di leggere la descrizione che metterò sotto spoiler, per chi l'avesse gia letto...leggetela anche voi che capite sicuramente meglio =)

ecco qui:

For a more detailed description, if you havent read the book, I suggest you first read this:
http://sot.wikia.com/wiki/Stone_of_Tears

Characters from the book:
(with occasional comments on my choice n.n)

Chandalen; Clive Owen [PERFECT!]
Prindin; Ioan Gruffud
Captain Bradley Ryan; Ben Barnes [Prince Caspian - he was handy, not my first choice, though]
Weselan; Nella from "Confession"
Sister Verna; Isabella Rossellini (mostly)
Warren; Ed Speleers [Eragon - too big for Warren, but Alex Pettyfer doesnt seem to make fantasy movies -.-]
Novice Pasha; Alicia Witt [too scrawny & red haired]
Sister Nicci; Kristanna Lokken
Jedidiah; Robert Pattinson [I dislike both, lol. Perfect match!]
Orsk; D'Haran soldier from "Destiny"
Denna; Jessica Marais/Cate Blanchett [I made her blonde, like in the show]
Baby Gratch & Scarlet; Saphira from Eragon [cute!!]

The voice-over at 2:39 - 2:45 says: "For there to be a chance at life's bond, the one in white must be offered to her people, to bring them joy & good cheer." It's part of the prophecy regarding Kahlan. Sorry if it sounds so bad, it sounded fine with my headphones on -.-'

Scenes I used:
- this may be confusing if you havent read the book, sorry. If you need anymore explanations just ask =) -

RICHARD:
0:00 - 0:16 Sister Verna gives the Radhan to Richard in order to control the awakening Gift & leaves with him to the Palace of the Prophets where he can be trained.
0:17 - 0:26 During his journey Richard kills a gar, but finds her puppy - Gratch.
0:27 - 0:33 Richard fights the Baka Ban Mana blade masters & learns to dance with the spirits
0:34 - 0:45 Richard & Verna's journey through the Old World until they get to see the Palace.

KAHLAN:
0:46 - 1:05 Kahlan in the spirit house with Weselan; she leaves the Mud People village with Chandalen, Prindin & Tossidin directed to Aydindril.
1:06 - 1:12 They pass through Ebinissia, capital of Galea, & see the slaughter (B&W scenes flashbacks of the assault to the city).
1:13 - 1:32 They track the remnants of the Galean army, formed by very young recruits. Kahlan leads the raids against the Imperial Order (includes: night raid, Ork's confession; Kahlan's escape)
1:33 - 1:53 Kahlan continues to lead the small army against the IO.

RICHARD
1:54 - 2:04 Arrival at the Palace of the Prophets, the blood oath (includes: flashbacks of his captivity with Denna & her collar; presentation of other main characters.)
2:05 - 2:18 Richards stay at the palace: he makes friends with Warren & learns the true meaning of the prophecy that calls him "Fuer griss ost drauku" - The Bringer of Death; he is forced to let go Gratch because they want to kill him; makes friends with the guards at the Palace; kills the mriswith in the Hagen Woods.
2:19 - 2:26 Richard learns about the prophecy regarding Kahlan's beheading; Verna tries to get his collar off, but canìt; she succeeds with Warren though; (2:22 Richard thinks about using Scarlets tooth to go save Kahlan).

BOTH
2:31 - 2:38 Kahlan's beheading with flashbacks of Richard & her stay at the Galean encampment.
2:39 - 2:44 Richard destroys the barrier between Old & New World with DuChaillu, gets the Stone of Tears from Rachel, flies to D'Hara to stop Darken Rahl's spirit from freeing the Keeper; Kahlan's trial, she is condemned to death, put into the pit & beheaded (for those who haven't read the book: Zedd conceals her escape, she doesn't die).
2:45 - 3:10 Richard arrives at the Peoples Palace, meets Cara & the MordìSith, defeats Darken Rahl & locks the Keeper in the Underworld; he rides to Aydindril & learns that Kahlan is dead & goes to visit her grave, which reads "She is not here, but in the hearts of those who loved her" & he understands she is alive. In the mean time Kahlan is comforted by Zedd, while hiding.
3:11 - 3:32 Richard is visited by Denna's spirit who brings him & Kahlan in a place between worlds, where they spend their first night together.

E ora ecco il video:

fgod92
view post Posted on 4/1/2010, 20:21

semplicemente stupendo!!! magari il telefilm vero seguisse così fedelmente la vera storia O_o

Kahlan93
view post Posted on 4/1/2010, 21:08

anche io quando l'ho visto ho avuto la tua stessa reazione

Lucia_chan
view post Posted on 4/1/2010, 21:28

anche se non ho letto il libro ... devo dire che il video è bellissimo!!!!!!

fgod92
view post Posted on 4/1/2010, 23:19

se ne trovi altri mettili magari riusciamo alla fine a fare un montaggio ke segua davvero la storia ^^

Kahlan93
view post Posted on 4/1/2010, 23:23

sarà difficile ma lo farò!

Merlyn
view post Posted on 8/1/2010, 15:18

bel video!!!non vedo l'ora di stringere a me i libri é-è

Kahlan93
view post Posted on 8/1/2010, 15:28

os i! è una bella sensazione XD

fgod92
view post Posted on 8/1/2010, 16:01

io ci dormo la notte con loro.... e se ce posto anche una ragazza XD